Monday, July 21, 2014

Virginia's Point of View: 2 Shows Open, 1 to Go



One of the little duties I set for myself during the course of the Rep is writing thank you notes to everyone in the company. I guess I'm a little like Vanya, in that I think for some reason it matters that I spend the time to put pen to paper. Everybody works so hard and invests so much in what they do, it just seems worthy of a little effort on my part. I don't mail them. I usually hand deliver them with a hug. I do it partly because it's what Mom taught me to do, and also, because I was told once that a young woman who worked for us between her senior year in high school and her first year in an out-of-town college took my note along to school as something she needed.

I think I've written 21 so far this year, but I've got 15 to deliver tomorrow, 20 on Wednesday, and the last 6 on the last weekend. That's a lot of hugs!

Today I'm also starting to work on Other Desert Cities. I need to read it several times to prepare for our rehearsals beginning after Unnecessary Farce opens on Wednesday. It's a lovely play that tests family loyalty, reminds us that what one remembers isn't always what's true, and speaks up for keeping secrets. I look forward to working with Kristie Berger, Carolyn Popp, Lawrence MacGowan and Eric Moyer as my daughter, sister, husband and son. It will also be fun to be directed by Joshua Waterstone. We've worked together on many projects since he arrived in Lincoln three years ago, but never as actor/director.

I'll see you in the lobby before the shows, and from the stage on July 29th in the Howell Theatre at 7:30pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis