Monday, July 7, 2014

Virginia's Point of View: Smith's Lists





Hi! It's me again.

These are the things I did this week that weren't about Nebraska Rep:

1. Visited my Mom three times. (What a good kid!) She lives in assisted living here in Lincoln and is my most honest supporter. I hadn't told her I was stepping down, (I wanted to surprise her) but her friends found out and told her. (Now I'm in trouble.)

2. Cleaned the house, swept the patio, cooked dinner, and breakfast for out-of-town guests on their way to Denver. They'll be back for the Vanya opening.

3. Got the dogs groomed. It's too hot for fluffy poodles in Lincoln summers! They are now skinned and much happier.
4. Watered the gardens and ate the first ripe cherry tomato. Also have ripe peppers!

5. Talked to Doug everyday on Facetime, and welcomed him home after 3 weeks away in Wisconsin installing a museum exhibit.

6. Spend Friday in bed with a stomach ache and chills, underscored by a local armageddon courtesy of my patriot neighbors.



Here are some of the things I did that were Rep driven:

1. Had a lovely long visit with Jeff Korbelik. I'm sure you saw the Ground Zero.

2. Rehearsed Circle four days, watched and enjoyed two runs of Vanya. Attended production meetings for all three shows.

3. Met with John Himmelberger on lights and Jessie Parr on costumes for Circle.

4. Did the voice overs for Rep radio commercials at KFOR.

5. Hosted a small gathering on Saturday night.

6. Met with Steve Grair, TD, to work on the audience seating arrangement for Circle in the Studio Theatre.


Here are things I failed to do:
1. Think of something really good for this week's blog.


Here's the good news! Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike opens on Thursday and it will be awesome. Remember there is an opening party afterwards in the lobby open to all! I'll see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis