Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Costumes for Emma

My day-to-day schedule as the summer intern at the Nebraska Repertory Theatre is never the same. One day I’ll be running errands and hanging posters; the next I’ll be working with social media or sewing in the costume shop.
Costume Shop Hard at Work
A highlight of my summer has been interacting with the actors. The opportunity came about when I got the chance to take pictures of costume fittings before the opening night of Emma (which is July 11th).  It was such a joy to see the first drawings of the costumes become a beautiful reality.  With each character came a new pallet of color with festive patterns to help you feel like you went back in time. It was fun to hear which gown or coat they liked best or see if they needed an adjustment here or there. I also enjoyed seeing how each garment fit them in completely different ways, bringing out the true beauty of the English 19th century and its glorious style.

I want to thank the designers and selected actors for letting me take photos and show the public a sneak peek a couple days before opening night. If you'd like to see all of the pictures, click here

I hope all of you enjoy the NRT production of Emma and its exquisite costumes. See you at the show!

Thanks to all the wonderful women in the costume shop: +Katie Davis, Kayla Klammer, Rachel Owings, +Mallory Prucha, Janice Stauffer, and Ann Watson.

Costume Fitting Collages:







No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis